Minami Tamaki LLP has extensive experience in family-based immigration visas. Whether you are planning to sponsor your fiance, wife, husband, children, parents, brothers or sisters, we can assist you in the application process.

Immediate Relatives

U.S. citizens may sponsor their parents, spouses and minor children for lawful permanent resident status by filing an I-130 family petition to classify them as immediate relatives. Couples filing under the Marriage Fraud Act must establish the bona fides of the marriage.

Family Preference Categories

Family members may sponsor relatives to immigrate to the United States if they qualify under the following family preference categories:

First preference – Adult unmarried children of U.S. citizens
Second preference (FP2A) – Spouses and minor children of lawful permanent residents
Second preference (FP2B) – Adult unmarried children of lawful permanent residents
Third preference – Adult, married children of U.S. citizens
Fourth preference – Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens

Beneficiaries under family preference categories may also bring their eligible derivative family members (eg., minor children of unmarried beneficiaries; spouses and minor children of married beneficiaries). Each of these categories face significant backlogs.

Call us at 415/788-9000 or 408/739-1137 or contact us online to discuss your current or future immigration needs.