Experienced Litigation Legal Assistant (Personal Injury)
Minami Tamaki LLP, an AV-rated firm in San Francisco, seeks a highly skilled litigation legal assistant with 5+ years of experience and the ability to handle a busy plaintiffs’ personal injury practice in downtown San Francisco. This person will support three trial attorneys and work in conjunction with two paralegals and a case clerk. The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
Strong knowledge of relevant court procedures, court rules, the Code of Civil Procedure and federal, state and local court rules. Strong knowledge of filing and service procedures (including e-filing) in both state and federal courts;
- Excellent word processing skills (intermediate to advanced level in Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of attorney timekeeping software;
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills (65+ WPM);
- Comfortable with generating Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents;
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings, appointments and appearances, as well as making travel arrangements.
- Maintaining and updating attorney calendars in Outlook. Copying small jobs or arranging for an outside vendor to photocopy large jobs;
- Communicating with the attorneys on a consistent basis regarding priorities and deadlines;
- Case document management: Reviewing and routing all incoming and outgoing correspondence and all documents related to the litigation calendar, as well as ensuring that relevant documents and dates are calendared;
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail;
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively supporting multiple attorneys while being a strong team player.
We offer a warm, collegial work environment and an excellent benefits package for the right candidate possessing all of the above.
We are willing to consider a part time schedule for the right applicant.
Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Please be sure to put “Experienced Litigation Legal Assistant” in the re line of your response email to email@example.com. Thank you!