Minami Tamaki LLP, an AV-rated firm in San Francisco, seeks a highly skilled litigation legal assistant with 5+ years of experience and the ability to handle a busy plaintiffs’ personal injury practice in downtown San Francisco. This person will support three trial attorneys and work in conjunction with two paralegals and a case clerk. The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of relevant court procedures, court rules, the Code of Civil Procedure and federal, state and local court rules. Strong knowledge of filing and service procedures (including e-filing) in both state and federal courts;
- Excellent word processing skills (intermediate to advanced level in Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of attorney timekeeping software;
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills (65+ WPM);
- Comfortable with generating Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents;
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings, appointments and appearances, as well as making travel arrangements. Maintaining and updating attorney calendars in Outlook. Copying small jobs or arranging for an outside vendor to photocopy large jobs;
- Communicating with the attorneys on a consistent basis regarding priorities and deadlines;
- Case document management: Reviewing and routing all incoming and outgoing correspondence and all documents related to the litigation calendar, as well as ensuring that relevant documents and dates are calendared;
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail;
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively supporting multiple attorneys while being a strong team player.
We offer a warm, collegial work environment and an excellent benefits package for the right candidate possessing all of the above.
We are willing to consider a part time schedule for the right applicant.
Please be sure to put “Experienced Litigation Legal Assistant” in the re line of your response email to email@example.com. Thank you!