If you believe that you may have been harmed by an illegal business or employment practice, please contact us for a consultation or call (415) 788-9000.
Minami Tamaki’s Consumer & Employee Rights Group litigates class actions and individual cases on behalf of consumers, investors, and employees who have been harmed by illegal or unfair business or employment practices. Minami Tamaki attorneys have a sterling record of success representing tens of thousands of individuals in class action and individual cases. We have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients.
Consumers, investors, and employees who are victimized by consumer fraud and workplace violations often lack the resources to fight back on their own. In many cases, the only way to protect the rights of our clients against corporate greed is through class action litigation. Class actions allow consumers and employees to join together to pursue their legal claims as a group. Through the class action vehicle, consumers and employees can hold corporations responsible, recover their losses, and ensure fairness in the marketplace.
Minami Tamaki litigates CONSUMER CLASS ACTIONS that arise from many different types of corporate misconduct, including but not limited to:
• Undisclosed, unfair, or unwarranted fees;
• Ponzi schemes and manipulative bookkeeping;
• Price-fixing and anti-competitive practices;
• Products Liability: Manufacturing or design defects, dangerous products, failure to warn;
• False advertising of products or services;
• Violations of privacy, including data breaches of personal or financial information;
• Breaches of contracts or warranties; and
• Any other unfair or deceptive practice that adversely affect consumers.
Minami Tamaki has litigated civil rights cases since 1974 and is dedicated to enforcing WORKERS RIGHTS in a broad spectrum of practice areas, including but not limited to:
• Failure to pay minimum wage and overtime owed to employees
• Failure to reimburse employees for expenses incurred as a result of their employment;
• Failure to provide off-duty, uninterrupted meal or rest breaks;
• Misclassification of employees as independent contractors;
• Wrongful termination;
• Sexual harassment;
• Whistleblower retaliation;
• False claims to receive government funds;
• Employment agreements and severance negotiations; and
• Race, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation and disability discrimination.
“I conducted an extensive search to find an attorney to help me with an employment related matter. This was the first time I ever engaged in legal action so I had no idea what to expect. Fortune and fate led me to Minami Tamaki. Lisa Mak is an exceptional attorney who was thoughtful, helpful, detailed and effective throughout our engagement, which resulted in a satisfying resolution. Most importantly, Lisa was an excellent partner. Every case has its peaks and valleys. Lisa’s collaborative approach and extensive experience with the issues in my case made it a smooth journey the entire way.” – Warren D.
“What really matters most is when we were initially confronted with the circumstances, [my husband] and I were somewhat lost and feeling very vulnerable. Our life savings was taken from us and we were still pretty scared when we met you. With that being said, I trusted you from day one and knew that we were in good hands. I do not only feel we had great attorneys, but out of this unfortunate circumstance, we met some fine human beings.” – Mary S.
“In many ways, I feel blessed and fortunate that chance brought me to Minami Tamaki, to meet you and the wonderful people there. It was rough going, but with you there, I always felt represented and protected during our meetings, the depos and mediation.” – Joyce W.
“I would like to express my gratitude and satisfaction to Jack Lee and Minami Tamaki for the handling of an attempted wrongful dismissal by my employer. I learned the difference between office politics and the law and how not to confuse the two. Jack’s personal advice also helped me to channel my emotions in a positive manner. The case was difficult to prove, but with some persistence and sage advice, I was able to extend my employment by six years and retire with dignity. Thank you.” – Ed M.
Practice Group Attorneys
Please contact us for a consultation or call (415) 788-9000.