Minami Tamaki LLP seeks a contract attorney in the firm’s Consumer and Employee Rights Group. This assignment is expected to last two to three months.
Responsibilities include: Trial preparation, written discovery, legal research, and witness interviews.
Ideal candidate would be available at least 20 hours per week. Remote work arrangements are available. This is an immediate opening; applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Candidates should e-mail resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. No calls please.
Experienced Administrative Assistant
Minami Tamaki LLP, an AV-rated firm in San Francisco, seeks a highly skilled administrative assistant with 3+ years of legal experience and the ability to handle support and administration of a busy immigration law practice in downtown San Francisco. This person will be part of the support team to 20+ attorneys, paralegals and administrators. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing engagement and coordination with our accounting department in onboarding new clients and successful ongoing client and vendor relationships to support the team. Skills and knowledge required include:
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively supporting multiple attorneys while being a strong team player;
- Well organized and able to prioritize multiple task in a fast paced environment;
- Communicating with the attorneys. paralegals and fellow administrators on a consistent basis regarding priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail;
- Draft legal documents;
- Familiar with Immigration documents;
- Knowledge of online immigration management systems (preferably Law Logix);
- Update and distribute incoming mail;
- Interfacing with other departments on administrative issues;
- Assist team with large print jobs, scanning, and shredding;
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings, appointments, and ordering lunch;
- Maintaining and updating group outlook calendar;
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills (65+ WPM);
- Excellent word processing skills (intermediate to advanced level in Word, Excel, Outlook)
We offer a warm, collegial work environment and an excellent benefits package for the right candidate possessing all of the above. If this describes you, and you are available now, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Please be sure to put “Experienced Administrative Assistant” in the re line of your response email. Thank you!
Experienced Immigration Paralegal
Our client’s needs continue to grow! We are once again seeking an experienced (3+ years) paralegal with a passion for immigration law and working with people from around the world. Only well qualified applicants will be considered.
Responsibilities include assisting our attorneys in preparing non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions, applications for adjustment of status (family and employment), consular forms, and PERM applications.
Requirements: BS/BA degree and extensive immigration related paralegal experience, including working with volume employment based non-immigrant categories and preparing employment based immigrant visa petitions (EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3), adjustment of status and naturalization applications. Experience preparing O-1, as well as family based petitions and applications is a plus.
Candidate must be detail-oriented, must be able to prioritize and multi-task, possess excellent English communication skills, possess experience in Word and immigration software LawLogix, and must enjoy working in a team environment. In return, we offer a warm, collegial environment and an excellent benefits package.
If this describes you, and you are available now, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com. No calls please.
Minami Tamaki LLP provides quality legal representation with an emphasis on personalized, client-centric and responsive service. Our clients tell us that we provide excellent legal services which we balance with a commitment to pro bono work and community involvement.